June 28, 2011
A nice little list of Summer Home “To-Do’s” -courtesy of Wayne at Pillar to Post Home Inspection:
- Inspect siding for cracks and make any needed repairs.
- If paint is peeling, cracking, or chipped, repair and repaint now to limit damage to the underlying materials.
- Repair any damaged caulking around windows and doors.
- Remove window screens and clean with a soft brush and soapy water. Repair any holes or tears before reinstalling.
- Have air conditioning units serviced to ensure good operation. Promote good air circulation around the unit by keeping shrubs and plants trimmed.
- Clear debris from gutters and eaves to allow rainwater to drain properly
- Seal cracks in the driveway and keep walkways clear of debris and overgrown plants
- Test irrigation/sprinkler systems and replace any broken sprinkler heads or emitters. Check for proper water coverage and adjust if necessary.
- Power wash decks and patios and seal surfaces as appropriate.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils to help maintain energy efficiency.
- Empty dehumidifier pans and clean hoses according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If possible, take area rugs outside and hang them over a deck or porch rail to air out.
- Adjust ceiling fans for proper balance.
- Change filters in window-mounted air conditioning units.
- Switch heavy bedding out for lightweight summer fabrics. Have the winter bedding cleaned before storing.
- Close the chimney flue to prevent insects from entering and to help keep cool air in.
- Re-pot houseplants to give their roots a fresh start for the summer.
- Check door and cabinet hinges and lubricate any that stick or squeak.
- Open windows on cooler days to keep fresh air flowing throughout the home.
June 26, 2011
I just finished uploading this Condo for sale, 215 750 12TH Ave W, Vancouver West, British Columbia
Tapestry, quality built by Concert/Bosa. Beautifully finished with H/W flooring, roller blinds, designer window coverings and lighting. Gourmet kitchen with S/S appliances & granite counter tops. NE corner 2 bedroom facing proposed future green space on the north side. Large insuite storage plus extra storage locker. Suite is like new! Walking distance to Canada Line, shopping and restaurants on Cambie and Broadway. Whole Foods, City Square and VGH. Amenities include lounge with pool table and wet bar, bike storage, guest parking and resident manager. Well maintained concrete building making this a great home and investment. Open House June 25&26, 2:30-4:30pm.
June 26, 2011
I just finished uploading this Townhouse for sale, 28 939 7TH Ave W, Vancouver West, British Columbia
You will enjoy every day you live in this beautiful Fairview Slopes home. Gorgeous water, city, and mountain views throughout the unit. Relax and entertain friends on your 700 sq ft private roof deck, with panoramic views of False Creek and English Bay, downtown, and the North Shore mountains. Corner suite with lots of windows and skylights and it is bright and private. All rooms have been beautifully renovated, including new kitchen and bathroom. Walk to seawall, Charleston Park, Granville Island, Cambie Village, and Canada Line. Open Sat. June 25th 2-4pm
June 5, 2011
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.